Our 4 – 5 Year old classes focus on the following:
- Early morning register activity develops confidence and builds self esteem.
- Increasing knowledge of different themes.
- Mathematical skills are introduced in a concrete manner, thereafter semi- concrete and abstract. A good foundation of mathematical skills are vital in their development.
- Communication, language development, attention span and listening skills are strengthened.
- Developing the large muscles of the child is very important, covering all different aspects to ensure full development.
- Art lessons allow a child to express their feelings and emotions in a creative way.
- Art incorporates many of the aspects of the curriculum- listening, following instructions, time management, fine motor skills, creativity, social skills, science, etc.
- Introduction to reading and phonics lays a good foundation for reading.
- Fine motor skills, pencil grip and correct letter formation is emphasized.